Sunday, April 27, 2008

Don't re-invent the wheel...create a short cut: Chocolate Crossiants


After thumbing through my current copy of the Real Simple Magazine, I came across this "Fake-It" Chocolate Crossiant Recipe...I had to try it.


After wandering through 3 local grocery stores, I was FINALLY able to find the Pilsbury Mini Cresent Rolls...all the other stores seem to just stock the Jumbo Cresents....With some Ghirardelli Semi-sweet chocolate from my pantry, I was ready to Roll...figuratively and literally!


Servings: 8 crossiants

Preheat Oven to: 375 Degrees F


What you'll need:


  • 1 tube of mini cresent rolls (found in the egg/butter section)

  • 80 chocolate chips (a little extra for melting, if you desire)

1. Pop open the cresent rolls and separate the pastry dough into 8 triangles.


2. With each triangle piece, place about 10 chocolate chips on the bottom (wider) part of the triangle and roll....to form the cresent. Repeat with all the remaining 7 pieces.


3. Place the formed cresents on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the cresents are golden in colour. You will see them expand in the oven.


4. Cool and enjoy. It's best to eat them warm for the ooey gooey chocolate experience! For leftovers, you can just re-heat them in the toaster oven to bring back the flakey and ooey gooey sensation.


5. If desired: You can melt some chocolate chips with a touch of butter and drizzle it on top of each crossiants.


My husband and I headind to Europe at the end of next month, and this was the perfect way to put us in the "ooo...laa...." mood for Paris!


I'm sorry the picture didn't show any of the Ooey Gooey chocolate..but it really was Ooey Gooey!! I also found that the front ones resembled baked buns in appearance and the back ones had the 'wrinkley' crossiant look to them....weird!

Au Revior!

No comments: